welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

12

welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.

Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.

Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the Python API to improve its usability and performance.

Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Dongjoon Hyun
Great! Congratulations, Burak and Holden.

On 2017-01-24 10:29 (-0800), Nicholas Chammas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 👏 👍
>
> Congratulations, Burak and Holden.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM Russell Spitzer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Great news! Congratulations!
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:25 AM Dean Wampler <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations to both of you!
> >
> > dean
> >
> > *Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
> > Author: Programming Scala, 2nd Edition
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033073.do>, Fast Data
> > Architectures for Streaming Applications
> > <http://www.oreilly.com/data/free/fast-data-architectures-for-streaming-applications.csp>,
> > Functional Programming for Java Developers
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021667.do>, and Programming Hive
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023555.do> (O'Reilly)
> > Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>
> > @deanwampler <http://twitter.com/deanwampler>
> > http://polyglotprogramming.com
> > https://github.com/deanwampler
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Xiao Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations! Burak and Holden!

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
> >
> > Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> > linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> > DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
> >
> > Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> > written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> > Python API to improve its usability and performance.
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Shankar Venkataraman
Congrats Buraj and Holden!

On 2017-01-24 10:29 (-0800), Nicholas Chammas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 👏 👍
>
> Congratulations, Burak and Holden.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM Russell Spitzer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Great news! Congratulations!
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:25 AM Dean Wampler <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations to both of you!
> >
> > dean
> >
> > *Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
> > Author: Programming Scala, 2nd Edition
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033073.do>, Fast Data
> > Architectures for Streaming Applications
> > <http://www.oreilly.com/data/free/fast-data-architectures-for-streaming-applications.csp>,
> > Functional Programming for Java Developers
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021667.do>, and Programming Hive
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023555.do> (O'Reilly)
> > Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>
> > @deanwampler <http://twitter.com/deanwampler>
> > http://polyglotprogramming.com
> > https://github.com/deanwampler
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Xiao Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations! Burak and Holden!

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
> >
> > Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> > linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> > DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
> >
> > Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> > written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> > Python API to improve its usability and performance.
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Joseph Bradley
Congratulations Burak & Holden!

On 2017-01-24 10:29 (-0800), Nicholas Chammas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 👏 👍
>
> Congratulations, Burak and Holden.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM Russell Spitzer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Great news! Congratulations!
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:25 AM Dean Wampler <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations to both of you!
> >
> > dean
> >
> > *Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
> > Author: Programming Scala, 2nd Edition
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033073.do>, Fast Data
> > Architectures for Streaming Applications
> > <http://www.oreilly.com/data/free/fast-data-architectures-for-streaming-applications.csp>,
> > Functional Programming for Java Developers
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021667.do>, and Programming Hive
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023555.do> (O'Reilly)
> > Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>
> > @deanwampler <http://twitter.com/deanwampler>
> > http://polyglotprogramming.com
> > https://github.com/deanwampler
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Xiao Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations! Burak and Holden!

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
> >
> > Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> > linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> > DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
> >
> > Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> > written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> > Python API to improve its usability and performance.
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming the two!

Joseph Bradley

Software Engineer - Machine Learning

Databricks, Inc.

http://databricks.com

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Denny Lee
Awesome! Congrats Burak & Holden!!

On 2017-01-24 10:29 (-0800), Nicholas Chammas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 👏 👍
>
> Congratulations, Burak and Holden.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM Russell Spitzer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Great news! Congratulations!
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:25 AM Dean Wampler <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations to both of you!
> >
> > dean
> >
> > *Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
> > Author: Programming Scala, 2nd Edition
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033073.do>, Fast Data
> > Architectures for Streaming Applications
> > <http://www.oreilly.com/data/free/fast-data-architectures-for-streaming-applications.csp>,
> > Functional Programming for Java Developers
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021667.do>, and Programming Hive
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023555.do> (O'Reilly)
> > Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>
> > @deanwampler <http://twitter.com/deanwampler>
> > http://polyglotprogramming.com
> > https://github.com/deanwampler
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Xiao Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations! Burak and Holden!

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
> >
> > Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> > linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> > DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
> >
> > Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> > written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> > Python API to improve its usability and performance.
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming the two!

Joseph Bradley

Software Engineer - Machine Learning

Databricks, Inc.

http://databricks.com

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Shixiong(Ryan) Zhu
Congrats Burak & Holden!

On 2017-01-24 10:29 (-0800), Nicholas Chammas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 👏 👍
>
> Congratulations, Burak and Holden.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM Russell Spitzer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Great news! Congratulations!
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:25 AM Dean Wampler <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations to both of you!
> >
> > dean
> >
> > *Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
> > Author: Programming Scala, 2nd Edition
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033073.do>, Fast Data
> > Architectures for Streaming Applications
> > <http://www.oreilly.com/data/free/fast-data-architectures-for-streaming-applications.csp>,
> > Functional Programming for Java Developers
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021667.do>, and Programming Hive
> > <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023555.do> (O'Reilly)
> > Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>
> > @deanwampler <http://twitter.com/deanwampler>
> > http://polyglotprogramming.com
> > https://github.com/deanwampler
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Xiao Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Congratulations! Burak and Holden!

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
> >
> > Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> > linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> > DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
> >
> > Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> > written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> > Python API to improve its usability and performance.
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming the two!

Joseph Bradley

Software Engineer - Machine Learning

Databricks, Inc.

http://databricks.com

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

shane knapp
congrats to the both of you!  :)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
>
> Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
>
> Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> Python API to improve its usability and performance.
>
> Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Srabasti Banerjee
Congratulations Holden & Burak :-)

Thanks
Srabasti

On Tuesday, 24 January 2017 10:51 AM, shane knapp <[hidden email]> wrote:

congrats to the both of you!  :)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
>
> Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
>
> Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> Python API to improve its usability and performance.
>
> Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Suresh Thalamati
Congratulations Burak and Holden!

-suresh

> On Jan 24, 2017, at 10:13 AM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
>
> Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
>
> Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the Python API to improve its usability and performance.
>
> Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Felix Cheung
Congrats and welcome!!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Herman van Hövell tot Westerflier-2
Congrats!

Congrats and welcome!!

--

Register today for Spark Summit East 2017!

Herman van Hövell

Software Engineer

Databricks Inc.

[hidden email]

+31 6 420 590 27

databricks.com

http://databricks.com

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

zero323
Kudos!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Jacek Laskowski
Wow! At long last. Congrats Burak and Holden!

p.s. I was a bit worried that the process of accepting new committers
is equally hard as passing Sean's sanity checks for PRs, but given
this it's so much easier it seems :D

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
Mastering Apache Spark 2.0 https://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 7:13 PM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
>
> Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
>
> Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> Python API to improve its usability and performance.
>
> Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Burak Yavuz-2
Thank you very much everyone! Hoping to help out the community as much as I can!

Best,
Burak

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wow! At long last. Congrats Burak and Holden!

p.s. I was a bit worried that the process of accepting new committers
is equally hard as passing Sean's sanity checks for PRs, but given
this it's so much easier it seems :D

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
Mastering Apache Spark 2.0 https://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 7:13 PM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
>
> Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
>
> Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> Python API to improve its usability and performance.
>
> Please join me in welcoming the two!

Re: welcoming Burak and Holden as committers

Holden Karau
Also thanks everyone :) Looking forward to helping out (and if anyone wants to get started contributing to PySpark please ping me :))

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Burak Yavuz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much everyone! Hoping to help out the community as much as I can!

Best,
Burak

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wow! At long last. Congrats Burak and Holden!

p.s. I was a bit worried that the process of accepting new committers
is equally hard as passing Sean's sanity checks for PRs, but given
this it's so much easier it seems :D

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
Mastering Apache Spark 2.0 https://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 7:13 PM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Burak and Holden have recently been elected as Apache Spark committers.
>
> Burak has been very active in a large number of areas in Spark, including
> linear algebra, stats/maths functions in DataFrames, Python/R APIs for
> DataFrames, dstream, and most recently Structured Streaming.
>
> Holden has been a long time Spark contributor and evangelist. She has
> written a few books on Spark, as well as frequent contributions to the
> Python API to improve its usability and performance.
>
> Please join me in welcoming the two!

Cell : 425-233-8271
12