spark compatibility between releases?

Tom Graves
Hey everyone,

What is the story as far as Spark compatibility between releases?  Are we saying recompile needed until we get to 1.X type releases?

It might be a good idea for us to document our compatibility strategy going forward.

I had someone say they built against master and tried to run on 0.8 and were getting errors. (invalid type code: AC - when doing matrix qr)

Thanks,
Tom

Re: spark compatibility between releases?

Matei Zaharia
Administrator
Hi Tom,

So far you’ve had to recompile with each release. Between master and 0.8 in particular, one problem is that the Scala version changed, which will always require a recompile in Scala programs.

In the future, we want to make minor releases not require a recompile.

Matei