some doubt on code understanding

sandeep_katta
Hi Guys,

I am trying to understand structured streaming code flow by doing so I came across below code flow

def nextBatchTime(now: Long): Long = {
if (intervalMs == 0) now else now / intervalMs * intervalMs + intervalMs
}
 else part could also have been written as
now + intervalMs
is there any specific reason why that code is written like above,or is it by mistake ?

Apologies upfront if this is really silly/basic question.

Regards
Sandeep Katta

Regards
Sandeep Katta

Re: some doubt on code understanding

"/" is integer division, so "x / y * y" is not x, but more like the
biggest multiple of y that's <= x.
On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 11:25 AM Sandeep Katta
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am trying to understand structured streaming code flow by doing so I came across below code flow
>
> def nextBatchTime(now: Long): Long = {
>   if (intervalMs == 0) now else now / intervalMs * intervalMs + intervalMs
> }
>
>  else part could also have been written as
>
> now + intervalMs
>
> is there any specific reason why that code is written like above,or is it by mistake ?
>

> Apologies upfront if this is really silly/basic question.
>

> Regards
>
> Sandeep Katta

Re: some doubt on code understanding

sandeep_katta
:) thanks I am wondering how did I miss that :) :)