sbt to run a single test

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sbt to run a single test

Tom Graves
Hey all,

I haven't used sbt for spark much, mostly maven. I have been using it now recently and want to run just a single test.  Is there a way to do it?
I tried sbt test-only it didn't seem to work but perhaps my syntax was wrong.  SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=0.23.10  SPARK_YARN=true sbt/sbt test-only org.apache.spark.BroadcastSuite

Thanks,
Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sbt to run a single test

Jey Kottalam
sbt/sbt "test-only org.apache.spark.BroadcastSuite"

I.e. As single argument. Hope that helps.


On Monday, January 6, 2014, Tom Graves wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I haven't used sbt for spark much, mostly maven. I have been using it now
> recently and want to run just a single test.  Is there a way to do it?
> I tried sbt test-only it didn't seem to work but perhaps my syntax was
> wrong.  SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=0.23.10  SPARK_YARN=true sbt/sbt test-only
> org.apache.spark.BroadcastSuite
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sbt to run a single test

Jey Kottalam
Also, you can amortize JVM and SBT initialization time across multiple
runs by invoking SBT with no arguments then issuing your commands at the
prompt.

On Monday, January 6, 2014, Jey Kottalam wrote:

> sbt/sbt "test-only org.apache.spark.BroadcastSuite"
>
> I.e. As single argument. Hope that helps.
>
>
> On Monday, January 6, 2014, Tom Graves wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I haven't used sbt for spark much, mostly maven. I have been using it now
>> recently and want to run just a single test.  Is there a way to do it?
>> I tried sbt test-only it didn't seem to work but perhaps my syntax was
>> wrong.  SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=0.23.10  SPARK_YARN=true sbt/sbt test-only
>> org.apache.spark.BroadcastSuite
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sbt to run a single test

Tom Graves
Thanks Jey that worked.




On Monday, January 6, 2014 11:48 AM, Jey Kottalam <[hidden email]> wrote:
 
Also, you can amortize JVM and SBT initialization time across multiple runs by invoking SBT with no arguments then issuing your commands at the prompt. 

On Monday, January 6, 2014, Jey Kottalam  wrote:

sbt/sbt "test-only org.apache.spark.BroadcastSuite"

>
>I.e. As single argument. Hope that helps. 
>
>
>
>On Monday, January 6, 2014, Tom Graves  wrote:
>
>Hey all,
>>
>>I haven't used sbt for spark much, mostly maven. I have been using it now recently and want to run just a single test.  Is there a way to do it?
>>I tried sbt test-only it didn't seem to work but perhaps my syntax was wrong.  SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION=0.23.10  SPARK_YARN=true sbt/sbt test-only org.apache.spark.BroadcastSuite
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Tom