jenkins is going down NOW -- POWER OUTAGE DUE TO FIRE

jenkins is going down NOW -- POWER OUTAGE DUE TO FIRE

shane knapp
we have a massive fire in the hills behind campus, and PG&E is
shutting down all of the transformers on campus as a precaution.

this will impact jenkins.  i will be shutting down the workers immediately.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/08/02/crews-respond-wildland-fire-east-bay-hills/

https://local.nixle.com/alert/6089397/

Re: jenkins is going down NOW -- POWER OUTAGE DUE TO FIRE

shane knapp
we just got the all clear, and power was not cut off.  however, the
remote consoles on most of the workers isn't working, and i can't
currently can't power them back on.

right now we've got the two staging/ubuntu workers up, as well as one
generic centos node.

more updates as they come.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 2:43 PM, shane knapp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> we have a massive fire in the hills behind campus, and PG&E is
> shutting down all of the transformers on campus as a precaution.
>
> this will impact jenkins.  i will be shutting down the workers immediately.
>
> http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/08/02/crews-respond-wildland-fire-east-bay-hills/
>
> https://local.nixle.com/alert/6089397/

Re: jenkins is going down NOW -- POWER OUTAGE DUE TO FIRE

shane knapp
alright, things are looking...  better.

our sysadmin jon got the workers up, and things seem to be happily
building.  i'll check build results tomorrow morning when i get to the
office and make sure that things are behaving as expected.

sorry again for the drama...  it's been a crazy couple of months.  :\

shane