jenkins downtime tomorrow evening/weekend

jenkins downtime tomorrow evening/weekend

shane knapp ☠
i'm going to be upgrading jenkins to something more reasonable, and there will definitely be some downtime as i get things sorted.

we should be back up and building by monday.

shane
--
Shane Knapp
Computer Guy / Voice of Reason
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead
https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu

https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu

Re: jenkins downtime tomorrow evening/weekend

shane knapp ☠
the third most terrifying event in the world, a massive jenkins plugin update is happening in a couple of hours.  i'm going to restart jenkins and start working out any bugs/issues that pop up.

this could be short, or quite long.  i'm guessing somewhere in the middle.  no new builds will be kicked off starting now.

in parallel, i'm about to start porting my ansible to ubuntu 20 and testing that on two freshly reinstalled workers.  the ultimate goal is to get the PRB running on ubuntu 20...   the sbt tests will also likely be broken as i've never been able to work on ubuntu 16, 18 or 20.

shane

https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu

Re: jenkins downtime tomorrow evening/weekend

shane knapp ☠
it seems that the plugin upgrade went as smoothly as it could have...  i still have a bunch of stack traces to filter through and see if anything is really broken but it's looking pretty good and things are building.

if you see any bad behavior from jenkins, don't hesitate to file a jira and ping me here.

also, my backlog of things i need to install will be addressed this week.  the ansible is coming along nicely!

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 2:11 PM shane knapp ☠ <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu

Re: jenkins downtime tomorrow evening/weekend

Yuming Wang
Hi Shane,

Did you set :export LANG=en_US.UTF-8? Some test seems failed because of this issue: https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/131631/testReport/

https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu