featureSubsetStrategy parameter for GradientBoostedTreesModel

featureSubsetStrategy parameter for GradientBoostedTreesModel

Pralabh Kumar
Hi everyone

Currently GBT doesn't expose featureSubsetStrategy as exposed by Random Forest.

GradientBoostedTrees in Spark have hardcoded feature subset strategy to "all" while calling random forest in  DecisionTreeRegressor.scala

val trees = RandomForest.run(data, oldStrategy, numTrees = 1, featureSubsetStrategy = "all",

It should provide functionality to the user to set featureSubsetStrategy ("auto", "all" ,"sqrt" , "log2" , "onethird") ,
the way random forest does.

This will help GBT to have randomness at feature level.

Please let me know , if my understanding is correct.

Regards
Pralabh Kumar