displaying "Test build" in PR

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

displaying "Test build" in PR

younggyuchun
Hi All,

I have a quick question about PR. Once I create a PR I'm not able to see if "Test build" is being processed. But I can see this after a few minutes or hours later. Is it possible to see if "Test Build" is being processed after PR is created right away?

Thank you,
Younggyu Chun
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: displaying "Test build" in PR

shane knapp
when you create a PR, the jenkins pull request builder job polls every ~5 or so minutes and will trigger jobs based on creation/approval to test/code updates/etc.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM Younggyu Chun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a quick question about PR. Once I create a PR I'm not able to see if "Test build" is being processed. But I can see this after a few minutes or hours later. Is it possible to see if "Test Build" is being processed after PR is created right away?

Thank you,
Younggyu Chun


--
Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: displaying "Test build" in PR

younggyuchun
Thank you for your email.

I think a newb like me might want to see what's going on PR and see something useful. For example, "Request builder polls every 5 minutes and you will see the progress here in a few minutes".  I guess we can add a more useful message on AmplabJenkins' message instead of a simple message like "Can one of the admins verify this patch?"

Younggyu

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:55 PM Shane Knapp <[hidden email]> wrote:
when you create a PR, the jenkins pull request builder job polls every ~5 or so minutes and will trigger jobs based on creation/approval to test/code updates/etc.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM Younggyu Chun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a quick question about PR. Once I create a PR I'm not able to see if "Test build" is being processed. But I can see this after a few minutes or hours later. Is it possible to see if "Test Build" is being processed after PR is created right away?

Thank you,
Younggyu Chun


--
Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: displaying "Test build" in PR

cloud0fan
"Can one of the admins verify this patch?" is a corrected message, as Jenkins won't test your PR until an admin approves it.

BTW I think "5 minutes" is a reasonable delay for PR testing. It usually takes days to review and merge a PR, so I don't think seeing test progress right after PR creation really matters.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:58 PM Younggyu Chun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for your email.

I think a newb like me might want to see what's going on PR and see something useful. For example, "Request builder polls every 5 minutes and you will see the progress here in a few minutes".  I guess we can add a more useful message on AmplabJenkins' message instead of a simple message like "Can one of the admins verify this patch?"

Younggyu

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:55 PM Shane Knapp <[hidden email]> wrote:
when you create a PR, the jenkins pull request builder job polls every ~5 or so minutes and will trigger jobs based on creation/approval to test/code updates/etc.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM Younggyu Chun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a quick question about PR. Once I create a PR I'm not able to see if "Test build" is being processed. But I can see this after a few minutes or hours later. Is it possible to see if "Test Build" is being processed after PR is created right away?

Thank you,
Younggyu Chun


--
Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead