branch-1.0 cut

Patrick Wendell
Hey All,

In accordance with the scheduled window for the release I've cut a 1.0
branch. Thanks a ton to everyone for being so active in reviews during the
last week. In the last 7 days we've merged 66 new patches, and every one of
them has undergone thorough peer-review. Tons of committers have been
active in code review - pretty cool!

At this point the 1.0 branch transitions to a normal maintenance branch*.
Bug fixes, documentation are still welcome or additions to higher level
libraries (e.g. MLLib). The focus though is shifting to QA, fixes, and
documentation for the release.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the last week!

- Patrick

*caveat: we will still merge in some API visibility patches and a few
remaining loose ends in the next day or two.

Re: branch-1.0 cut

andy
Administrator
Wow, great work. Very impressive sticking to the schedule!