Zinc now required?

mjhb
Today I cannot build the 1.2 branch:

[INFO] Building Spark Project Networking 1.2.3-SNAPSHOT

  <snipped>

[INFO] --- scala-maven-plugin:3.2.0:compile (scala-compile-first) @ spark-network-common_2.10 ---
[INFO] Using zinc server for incremental compilation
[INFO] compiler plugin: BasicArtifact(org.scalamacros,paradise_2.10.4,2.0.1,null)
[error] Required file not found: sbt-interface.jar
[error] See zinc -help for information about locating necessary files

I don't have zinc installed, and have built successfully before.

Re: Zinc now required?

Sean Owen
I don't think it's required. This looks like zinc is running (it seems
to find the process on port 3030), but, something is wrong with zinc
then. If you aren't running your own zinc, then it's the copy
downloaded by Spark. Maybe try deleting that and shutting down the
zinc process, and trying a clean build?

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:40 PM, mjhb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Today I cannot build the 1.2 branch:
>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building Spark Project Networking 1.2.3-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO]
>
>   <snipped>
>
> [INFO] --- scala-maven-plugin:3.2.0:compile (scala-compile-first) @
> spark-network-common_2.10 ---
> [INFO] Using zinc server for incremental compilation
> [INFO] compiler plugin:
> BasicArtifact(org.scalamacros,paradise_2.10.4,2.0.1,null)
> [error] Required file not found: sbt-interface.jar
> [error] See zinc -help for information about locating necessary files
>
> I don't have zinc installed, and have built successfully before.

Re: Zinc now required?

mjhb
Killing zinc resolved the problem building with scala-2.10 - thank you.

(adding that to my build script)

Having problems building with scala-2.11 - will post separately for that if reproducible.

Re: Zinc now required?

Marcelo Vanzin
I ran into this recently and I had to upgrade my version of zinc to fix it...

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 5:40 PM, mjhb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Today I cannot build the 1.2 branch:
>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building Spark Project Networking 1.2.3-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO]
>
>   <snipped>
>
> [INFO] --- scala-maven-plugin:3.2.0:compile (scala-compile-first) @
> spark-network-common_2.10 ---
> [INFO] Using zinc server for incremental compilation
> [INFO] compiler plugin:
> BasicArtifact(org.scalamacros,paradise_2.10.4,2.0.1,null)
> [error] Required file not found: sbt-interface.jar
> [error] See zinc -help for information about locating necessary files
>
> I don't have zinc installed, and have built successfully before.

Marcelo

Re: Zinc now required?

kui xiang
Yes! I have tried to remove the dir build/zinc-* and stop the zink-server,then works ok.