[VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

Tom Graves-2
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.2.

The vote is open until Mon, July 2nd @ 9PM UTC (2PM PDT) and passes if a
majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v2.2.2-rc2 (commit fc28ba3db7185e84b6dbd02ad8ef8f1d06b9e3c6):

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:

The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.2 can be found at the following URL:

Notes:

- RC1 was not sent for a vote. I had trouble building it, and by the time I got
  things fixed, there was a blocker bug filed. It was already tagged in git
  at that time.

=========================
How can I help test this release?
=========================

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.2?

The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.2 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.2

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Tom Graves

Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

Marcelo Vanzin-2
+1

Checked sigs + ran a bunch of tests on the hadoop-2.7 binary package.

--
Marcelo

Tom Graves

Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

Hyukjin Kwon
+1

2018년 6월 28일 (목) 오전 8:42, Sean Owen <[hidden email]>님이 작성:

Tom Graves

Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

zhenya Sun
+1
在 2018年6月28日,上午10:15,Hyukjin Kwon <[hidden email]> 写道:

[...]

Tom Graves

Tom Graves

Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

Takeshi Yamamuro
+1

I run tests on a EC2 m4.2xlarge instance;
[ec2-user]$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b10)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 11:38 AM Wenchen Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
+1

Tested on CentOS 7.4 and Oracle JDK 1.8.0_171.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 7:24 AM Takeshi Yamamuro <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

Hyukjin Kwon
Let me leave a note about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24530.

The Python documentation should be built against Python 3's Sphinx for now as a workaround.
There was an issue found, SPARK-24530 and I am now trying to update the documentation, release process, and probably the Makefile script to add a control of Python executable version (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/21659), for now. There are more reasons for this proposal and it's described in the PR. Please refer the PR description there, for more information.

Strictly, I believe it doesn't block the release in my humble opinion .. I will try to update the documentation very soon with the change proposed in https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/21659.

For clarification, please proceed this vote and release orthogonally if it sounds fine all to you, or let me know if you guys think differently. To me, I think it sounds fine.

2018년 6월 29일 (금) 오전 1:42, Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]>님이 작성:

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.2.2 (RC2)

Tom Graves-2