[VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Saisai Shao
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.3.2.

The vote is open until September 21 PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v2.3.2-rc6 (commit 02b510728c31b70e6035ad541bfcdc2b59dcd79a):

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:

The list of bug fixes going into 2.3.2 can be found at the following URL:

=========================
How can I help test this release?
=========================

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?

The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Sean Owen-3
+1 . Licenses and sigs check out as in previous 2.3.x releases. A
build from source with most profiles passed for me.
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 8:17 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.3.2.
>
> The vote is open until September 21 PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.3.2
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.3.2-rc6 (commit 02b510728c31b70e6035ad541bfcdc2b59dcd79a):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.3.2-rc6

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1286/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.3.2 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343289

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

cloud0fan
+1. All the blocker issues are all resolved in 2.3.2 AFAIK.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:23 AM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 . Licenses and sigs check out as in previous 2.3.x releases. A
build from source with most profiles passed for me.
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 8:17 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.3.2.
>
> The vote is open until September 21 PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.3.2
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.3.2-rc6 (commit 02b510728c31b70e6035ad541bfcdc2b59dcd79a):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.3.2-rc6

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1286/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.3.2 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343289

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Saisai Shao
+1 from my own side.

Thanks
Saisai

Wenchen Fan <[hidden email]> 于2018年9月18日周二 上午9:34写道:
+1. All the blocker issues are all resolved in 2.3.2 AFAIK.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:23 AM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 . Licenses and sigs check out as in previous 2.3.x releases. A
build from source with most profiles passed for me.
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 8:17 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.3.2.
>
> The vote is open until September 21 PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.3.2
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.3.2-rc6 (commit 02b510728c31b70e6035ad541bfcdc2b59dcd79a):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.3.2-rc6

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1286/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.3.2 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343289

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
+1.

I tested with `-Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkinesis-asl -Phive -Phive-thriftserve` on OpenJDK(1.8.0_181)/CentOS 7.5.

I hit the following test case failure once during testing, but it's not persistent.

    KafkaContinuousSourceSuite
    subscribing topic by name from earliest offsets (failOnDataLoss: false) *** FAILED ***

Thank you, Saisai.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:48 PM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 from my own side.

Thanks
Saisai

Wenchen Fan <[hidden email]> 于2018年9月18日周二 上午9:34写道:
+1. All the blocker issues are all resolved in 2.3.2 AFAIK.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:23 AM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 . Licenses and sigs check out as in previous 2.3.x releases. A
build from source with most profiles passed for me.
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 8:17 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.3.2.
>
> The vote is open until September 21 PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.3.2
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.3.2-rc6 (commit 02b510728c31b70e6035ad541bfcdc2b59dcd79a):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.3.2-rc6

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1286/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.3.2-rc6-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.3.2 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343289

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

***UNCHECKED*** Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Marco Gaido
Sorry, I am -1 because of SPARK-25454 which is a regression from 2.2.

Il giorno mer 19 set 2018 alle ore 03:45 Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> [...]

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Saisai Shao
Hi Marco,

From my understanding of SPARK-25454, I don't think it is a block issue, it might be an corner case, so personally I don't want to block the release of 2.3.2 because of this issue. The release has been delayed for a long time.

Marco Gaido <[hidden email]> 于2018年9月19日周三 下午2:58写道:
> [...]

> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

***UNCHECKED*** Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

From my understanding of SPARK-25454, I don't think it is a block issue, it might be an corner case, so personally I don't want to block the release of 2.3.2 because of this issue. The release has been delayed for a long time.

Thanks
Saisai

> [...]

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

We also only block if it is a new regression.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:18 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Marco,

From my understanding of SPARK-25454, I don't think it is a block issue, it might be an corner case, so personally I don't want to block the release of 2.3.2 because of this issue. The release has been delayed for a long time.

> [...]

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

excuse the brevity and lower case due to wrist injury

***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Marco Gaido
It is not new, it has been there since 2.3.0, so in that case this is not a blocker. Thanks.

Il giorno mer 19 set 2018 alle ore 09:21 Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
We also only block if it is a new regression.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:18 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Marco,

From my understanding of SPARK-25454, I don't think it is a block issue, it might be an corner case, so personally I don't want to block the release of 2.3.2 because of this issue. The release has been delayed for a long time.

> [...]

> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

excuse the brevity and lower case due to wrist injury

Takeshi Yamamuro
+1

I also checked `-Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkinesis-asl -Phive -Phive-thriftserve` on the openjdk below/macOSv10.12.6

$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_181"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 10:45 AM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

If the issue also existed in 2.3.1, then it should not block this
release. It can of course be fixed for a future 2.3.3.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 2:18 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marco,
>
> From my understanding of SPARK-25454, I don't think it is a block issue, it might be an corner case, so personally I don't want to block the release of 2.3.2 because of this issue. The release has been delayed for a long time.
>
> Marco Gaido <[hidden email]> 于2018年9月19日周三 下午2:58写道:
>>
>> Sorry, I am -1 because of SPARK-25454 which is a regression from 2.2.
>>
>> Il giorno mer 19 set 2018 alle ore 03:45 Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> +1.
>>>
>>> I tested with `-Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkinesis-asl -Phive -Phive-thriftserve` on OpenJDK(1.8.0_181)/CentOS 7.5.
>>>
>>> I hit the following test case failure once during testing, but it's not persistent.
>>>
>>>     KafkaContinuousSourceSuite
>>>     subscribing topic by name from earliest offsets (failOnDataLoss: false) *** FAILED ***
>>>
>>> Thank you, Saisai.
>>>
>>> Bests,
>>> Dongjoon.

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Mark Hamstra
That's overstated. We will also block for a data correctness issue -- and that is, arguably, what this is.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:21 AM Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:
We also only block if it is a new regression.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:18 AM Saisai Shao <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Marco,

From my understanding of SPARK-25454, I don't think it is a block issue, it might be an corner case, so personally I don't want to block the release of 2.3.2 because of this issue. The release has been delayed for a long time.

> [...]

> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

excuse the brevity and lower case due to wrist injury

John Zhuge-2
+1 (non-binding)

Built on Ubuntu 16.04 with Maven flags: -Phadoop-2.7 -Pmesos -Pyarn -Phive-thriftserver -Psparkr -Pkinesis-asl -Phadoop-provided

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 2:31 AM Takeshi Yamamuro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

John

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Xiao Li
+1

John Zhuge <[hidden email]> 于2018年9月19日周三 下午1:17写道:

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

John

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Denny Lee
+1

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 9:55 AM Xiao Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.3.2?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.3.2 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.3.2
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

John

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Ryan Blue
-0

My DataSourceV2 implementation for Iceberg is failing ORC tests when I run with the 2.3.2 RC that pass when I run with 2.3.0. I'm tracking down the cause and will report back, but I'm -0 on the release because there may be a behavior change.

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

--
John

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
Hi, Ryan.

Could you share the result on 2.3.1 since this is 2.3.2 RC? That would be helpful to narrow down the scope.

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

--
John

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Ryan Blue
Changing my vote to +1 with this fixed.

Here's what was going on -- and thanks to Owen O'Malley for debugging:

The problem was that Iceberg contained a fix for a JVM bug for timestamps before the unix epoch where the timestamp was off by 1s. Owen moved this code into ORC as well and using the new version of Spark pulled in the newer version of ORC. That meant that the values were "fixed" twice and were wrong.

Updating the Iceberg code to rely on the fix in the version of ORC that Spark includes fixes the problem.

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

--
John

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.3.2 (RC6)

Michael Heuer
+1 (non-binding)

Bumping our build to 2.3.2 rc6 and Avro to 1.8.2 and Parquet to 1.8.3 works for us, running on version 2.3.2 rc6 and older Spark versions.

   michael

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

--