[VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.3.

The vote is open until January 11 11:30AM (PST) and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with
a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v2.2.3-rc1 (commit 4acb6ba37b94b90aac445e6546426145a5f9eba2):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.3-rc1

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-bin/

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1295

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-docs/

The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.3 can be found at the following URL:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343560

=========================
How can I help test this release?
=========================

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.3?

The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

DB Tsai-6
+1

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
Web: https://www.dbtsai.com
PGP Key ID: 0x5CED8B896A6BDFA0

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.3.
>
> The vote is open until January 11 11:30AM (PST) and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with
> a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.2.3
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.2.3-rc1 (commit 4acb6ba37b94b90aac445e6546426145a5f9eba2):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.3-rc1

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1295

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.3 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343560

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.3?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

cloud0fan
+1

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:37 AM DB Tsai <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
Web: https://www.dbtsai.com
PGP Key ID: 0x5CED8B896A6BDFA0

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.3.
>
> The vote is open until January 11 11:30AM (PST) and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with
> a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.2.3
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.2.3-rc1 (commit 4acb6ba37b94b90aac445e6546426145a5f9eba2):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.3-rc1

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1295

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.3 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343560

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.3?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
+1

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 6:30 PM Wenchen Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:37 AM DB Tsai <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
Web: https://www.dbtsai.com
PGP Key ID: 0x5CED8B896A6BDFA0

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.3.
>
> The vote is open until January 11 11:30AM (PST) and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with
> a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.2.3
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.2.3-rc1 (commit 4acb6ba37b94b90aac445e6546426145a5f9eba2):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.3-rc1

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1295

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.3 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343560

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.3?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Denny Lee
+1

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 4:30 AM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 6:30 PM Wenchen Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:37 AM DB Tsai <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
Web: https://www.dbtsai.com
PGP Key ID: 0x5CED8B896A6BDFA0

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.3.
>
> The vote is open until January 11 11:30AM (PST) and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with
> a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.2.3
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.2.3-rc1 (commit 4acb6ba37b94b90aac445e6546426145a5f9eba2):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.3-rc1

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1295

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.3 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343560

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.3?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

I wonder if anyone else is seeing the following issues, or whether
it's specific to my environment:

With -Phive-thriftserver, it compiles fine. However during tests, I get ...
[error] /home/ubuntu/spark-2.2.3/sql/hive-thriftserver/src/main/java/org/apache/hive/service/cli/thrift/ThriftCLIService.java:64:
error: package org.eclipse.jetty.server does not exist
[error]   protected org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server httpServer;
[error]                                     ^

That's weird. I'd have to dig into the POM to see if this dependency
for some reason would not be available at test time. But does this
profile pass for anyone else?

I'm also seeing test failures like the following. Yes, there's more,
just seeing if anyone sees these?

- event ordering *** FAILED ***
  The code passed to failAfter did not complete within 10 seconds.
(StreamingQueryListenerSuite.scala:411)

- HDFSMetadataLog: metadata directory collision *** FAILED ***
  The await method on Waiter timed out. (HDFSMetadataLogSuite.scala:201)

- recovery *** FAILED ***
  == Results ==
  !== Correct Answer - 1 ==   == Spark Answer - 0 ==
  !struct<_1:int,_2:int>      struct<>
  ![10,5]

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 1:14 PM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.3.
>
> The vote is open until January 11 11:30AM (PST) and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with
> a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.2.3
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/
>
> The tag to be voted on is v2.2.3-rc1 (commit 4acb6ba37b94b90aac445e6546426145a5f9eba2):
> https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.3-rc1

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-bin/
>
> Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1295

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v2.2.3-rc1-docs/
>
> The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.3 can be found at the following URL:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12343560

> =========================
> How can I help test this release?
> =========================
>
> If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
> an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
> reporting any regressions.
>
> If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
> the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
> you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
> with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
> you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.3?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
> help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
Hi, Sean.

It looks strange. I didn't hit them. I'm not sure but it looks like some flakiness at 2.2.x era.
For me, those test passes. (I ran twice before starting a vote and during this voting from the source tar file)

Bests,
Dongjoon

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:42 PM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.3?
>
> The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>
> Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
> fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
> be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
> appropriate release.
>
> ==================
> But my bug isn't fixed?
> ==================
>
> In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
> release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
> release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
> that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Sean Owen-3
BTW did you run with the same profiles, I wonder; I test with,
generally, -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pmesos
-Psparkr

I am checking mostly because none of that weird error would happen
without testing hive-thriftserver.

The others are probably just flakiness or something else odd, and I'd
look past them if others are not seeing them.

The licenses and signatures looked fine, and it built correctly, at least.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 5:09 PM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > ===========================================
>> >
>> > The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>> >
>> > Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
>> > fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
>> > be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
>> > appropriate release.
>> >
>> > ==================
>> > But my bug isn't fixed?
>> > ==================
>> >
>> > In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
>> > release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
>> > release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
>> > that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
I tested with Maven and `-Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkinesis-asl -Phive -Phive-thriftserver` on CentOS/JDK8.

The difference seems to be `-Pmesos -Psparkr` from your and `-Pkinesis-asl` from mine.

Do you think it's related? BTW, at least, we have a green balls on Jenkins.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:37 PM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> > ===========================================
>> >
>> > The current list of open tickets targeted at 2.2.3 can be found at:
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 2.2.3
>> >
>> > Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
>> > fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
>> > be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
>> > appropriate release.
>> >
>> > ==================
>> > But my bug isn't fixed?
>> > ==================
>> >
>> > In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
>> > release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
>> > release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
>> > that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Sean Owen-3
Hm OK those other profiles should be unrelated. I'll see if I can
figure it out, but it's likely this is specific to the machine I am
testing on somehow.
For that reason, I'll say +1 on the basis that these tests really do pass.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tested with Maven and `-Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkinesis-asl -Phive -Phive-thriftserver` on CentOS/JDK8.
>
> The difference seems to be `-Pmesos -Psparkr` from your and `-Pkinesis-asl` from mine.
>
> Do you think it's related? BTW, at least, we have a green balls on Jenkins.
>
> https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/view/Spark%20QA%20Test%20(Dashboard)/job/spark-branch-2.2-test-maven-hadoop-2.7/591/
>

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:37 PM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> BTW did you run with the same profiles, I wonder; I test with,
>> generally, -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pmesos
>> -Psparkr
>>
>> I am checking mostly because none of that weird error would happen
>> without testing hive-thriftserver.
>>
>> The others are probably just flakiness or something else odd, and I'd
>> look past them if others are not seeing them.
>>
>> The licenses and signatures looked fine, and it built correctly, at least.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 5:09 PM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi, Sean.
>> >
>> > It looks strange. I didn't hit them. I'm not sure but it looks like some flakiness at 2.2.x era.
>> > For me, those test passes. (I ran twice before starting a vote and during this voting from the source tar file)
>> >
>> > Bests,
>> > Dongjoon

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Takeshi Yamamuro
Hi, Dongjoon,

We don't need to include https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23456 in this release?
The query there fails in v2.x while it passes in v1.6.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:16 AM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hm OK those other profiles should be unrelated. I'll see if I can
figure it out, but it's likely this is specific to the machine I am
testing on somehow.
For that reason, I'll say +1 on the basis that these tests really do pass.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tested with Maven and `-Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkinesis-asl -Phive -Phive-thriftserver` on CentOS/JDK8.
>
> The difference seems to be `-Pmesos -Psparkr` from your and `-Pkinesis-asl` from mine.
>
> Do you think it's related? BTW, at least, we have a green balls on Jenkins.
>
> https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/view/Spark%20QA%20Test%20(Dashboard)/job/spark-branch-2.2-test-maven-hadoop-2.7/591/
>

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 3:37 PM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> BTW did you run with the same profiles, I wonder; I test with,
>> generally, -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.7 -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pmesos
>> -Psparkr
>>
>> I am checking mostly because none of that weird error would happen
>> without testing hive-thriftserver.
>>
>> The others are probably just flakiness or something else odd, and I'd
>> look past them if others are not seeing them.
>>
>> The licenses and signatures looked fine, and it built correctly, at least.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 5:09 PM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi, Sean.
>> >
>> > It looks strange. I didn't hit them. I'm not sure but it looks like some flakiness at 2.2.x era.
>> > For me, those test passes. (I ran twice before starting a vote and during this voting from the source tar file)
>> >
>> > Bests,
>> > Dongjoon

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Sean Owen-2
Is that the right link? that is marked as a minor bug, maybe. From
what you describe it's not a regression from 2.2.2 either.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:37 AM Takeshi Yamamuro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Dongjoon,
>
> We don't need to include https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23456 in this release?
> The query there fails in v2.x while it passes in v1.6.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Dongjoon Hyun-2
Hi, Takeshi.

Yep. It's not a release blocker. We don't need that as Sean mentioned already.
Since you are the release manager of 2.3.3, you may include that in the scope of Spark 2.3.3 before it starts.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:44 AM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is that the right link? that is marked as a minor bug, maybe. From
what you describe it's not a regression from 2.2.2 either.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:37 AM Takeshi Yamamuro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Dongjoon,
>
> We don't need to include https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23456 in this release?
> The query there fails in v2.x while it passes in v1.6.

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Takeshi Yamamuro
ok, thanks for the check.

best,
takeshi

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

Hyukjin Kwon
+1

Thanks.

2019년 1월 11일 (금) 오전 7:01, Takeshi Yamamuro <[hidden email]>님이 작성:
ok, thanks for the check.

best,
takeshi

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:37 AM Dongjoon Hyun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Takeshi.

Yep. It's not a release blocker. We don't need that as Sean mentioned already.
Since you are the release manager of 2.3.3, you may include that in the scope of Spark 2.3.3 before it starts.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:44 AM Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is that the right link? that is marked as a minor bug, maybe. From
what you describe it's not a regression from 2.2.2 either.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:37 AM Takeshi Yamamuro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Dongjoon,
>
> We don't need to include https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/23456 in this release?
> The query there fails in v2.x while it passes in v1.6.

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.2.3 (RC1)

John Zhuge