[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

12

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Tathagata Das
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!

This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
SPARK-1870: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849

The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!

The vote is open until Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if
a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

== API Changes ==
We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
possible.

Changes to ML vector specification:
http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10

Changes to the Java API:
http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark

Changes to the streaming API:
http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x

Changes to the GraphX API:
http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091

Other changes:
coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior

SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Matei Zaharia
Administrator
+1

Tested on Mac OS X and Windows.

Matei

On May 26, 2014, at 7:38 AM, Tathagata Das <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!
>
> This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
> SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
> SPARK-1870: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
> SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849
>
> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>
> The vote is open until Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if
> a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.apache.org/
>
> == API Changes ==
> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
> possible.
>
> Changes to ML vector specification:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>
> Changes to the Java API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>
> Changes to the streaming API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>
> Changes to the GraphX API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>
> Other changes:
> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>
> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

ankurdave
-1

I just fixed SPARK-1931, which was a critical bug in Graph#partitionBy. Since this is an important part of the GraphX API, I think Spark 1.0.0 should include the fix: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/885.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Patrick Wendell
Hey Ankur,

That does seem like a good fix, but right now we are only blocking the
release on major regressions that affect all components. So I don't
think this is sufficient to block it from going forward and cutting a
new candidate. This is because we are in the very late stage of the
release.

We can slot that for the 1.0.1 release and merge it into the 1.0
branch so people can get access to the fix easily.

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 6:50 PM, ankurdave <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -1
>
> I just fixed  SPARK-1931 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1931>
> , which was a critical bug in Graph#partitionBy. Since this is an important
> part of the GraphX API, I think Spark 1.0.0 should include the fix:
> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/885.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Matei Zaharia
Administrator
I think the question for me would be does this only happen when you call partitionBy, or always? And how common do you expect calls to partitionBy to be? If we can wait for 1.0.1 then I’d wait on this one.

Matei

On May 26, 2014, at 10:47 PM, Patrick Wendell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Ankur,
>
> That does seem like a good fix, but right now we are only blocking the
> release on major regressions that affect all components. So I don't
> think this is sufficient to block it from going forward and cutting a
> new candidate. This is because we are in the very late stage of the
> release.
>
> We can slot that for the 1.0.1 release and merge it into the 1.0
> branch so people can get access to the fix easily.
>
> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 6:50 PM, ankurdave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> -1
>>
>> I just fixed  SPARK-1931 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1931>
>> , which was a critical bug in Graph#partitionBy. Since this is an important
>> part of the GraphX API, I think Spark 1.0.0 should include the fix:
>> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/885.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Sandy Ryza
+1

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Tathagata Das
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
> 1.0.0!
>
> This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
> SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
> SPARK-1870 <https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853SPARK-1870>:
> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
> SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849
>
> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>
> The vote is open until Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if
> a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.apache.org/
>
> == API Changes ==
> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
> possible.
>
> Changes to ML vector specification:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>
> Changes to the Java API:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>
> Changes to the streaming API:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>
> Changes to the GraphX API:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>
> Other changes:
> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>
> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

ankurdave
0

OK, I withdraw my downvote.

Ankur <http://www.ankurdave.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Mark Hamstra
+1

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Ankur Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 0
>
> OK, I withdraw my downvote.
>
> Ankur <http://www.ankurdave.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Holden Karau
+1 (I did some very basic testing with PySpark & Pandas on rc11)

Cell : 425-233-8271

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Nick Pentreath
+1
Built and tested locally on Mac OS X
Built and tested on AWS Ubuntu, with and without Hive support
Ran production jobs including MLlib and SparkSQL/HiveContext successfully

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Holden Karau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (I did some very basic testing with PySpark & Pandas on rc11)
>

> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Mark Hamstra <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > +1
> >

> > On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Ankur Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > 0
> > >
> > > OK, I withdraw my downvote.
> > >
> > > Ankur <http://www.ankurdave.com/>

> Cell : 425-233-8271

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Will Benton
+1

I made the necessary interface changes to my apps that use MLLib and tested all of my code against rc11 on Fedora 20 and OS X 10.9.3.  (The Fedora Rawhide package remains at 0.9.1 pending some additional dependency packaging work.)

best,
wb

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
> 1.0.0!
>
> This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
> SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
> SPARK-1870: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
> SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849
>
> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>
> The vote is open until Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if
> a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.apache.org/
>
> == API Changes ==
> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
> possible.
>
> Changes to ML vector specification:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>
> Changes to the Java API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>
> Changes to the streaming API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>
> Changes to the GraphX API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>
> Other changes:
> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>
> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Henry Saputra
NOTICE and LICENSE files look good
Signatures look good.
Hashes look good
No external executables in the source distributions
Source compiled with sbt
Run local and standalone examples look good.

+1

- Henry

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!
>
> This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
> SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
> SPARK-1870: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
> SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849
>
> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>
> The vote is open until Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if
> a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.apache.org/
>
> == API Changes ==
> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
> possible.
>
> Changes to ML vector specification:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>
> Changes to the Java API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>
> Changes to the streaming API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>
> Changes to the GraphX API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>
> Other changes:
> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>
> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Sean McNamara
Pulled down, compiled, and tested examples on OS X and ubuntu.
Deployed app we are building on spark and poured data through it.

+1

Sean

On May 26, 2014, at 8:39 AM, Tathagata Das <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!
>
> This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
> SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
> SPARK-1870: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
> SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849
>
> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>
> The vote is open until Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if
> a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.apache.org/
>
> == API Changes ==
> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
> possible.
>
> Changes to ML vector specification:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>
> Changes to the Java API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>
> Changes to the streaming API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>
> Changes to the GraphX API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>
> Other changes:
> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>
> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Tom Graves
+1. Tested spark on yarn (cluster mode, client mode, pyspark, spark-shell) on hadoop 0.23 and 2.4.

Tom

On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:07 PM, Sean McNamara <[hidden email]> wrote:

Pulled down, compiled, and tested examples on OS X and ubuntu.
Deployed app we are building on spark and poured data through it.

+1

Sean

On May 26, 2014, at 8:39 AM, Tathagata Das <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!
>
> This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
> SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
> SPARK-1870: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
> SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849
>
> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/
>
> Release
 artifacts are signed with the following key:

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>
> The vote is open until
 Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if

> a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.apache.org/
>
> == API Changes ==
> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
> possible.
>
> Changes to ML vector specification:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>
> Changes to the Java API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>
> Changes to the streaming API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>
> Changes to the GraphX API:
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>
> Other changes:
> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>
> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Xiangrui Meng
+1

Tested apps with standalone client mode and yarn cluster and client modes.

Xiangrui

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Sean McNamara
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pulled down, compiled, and tested examples on OS X and ubuntu.
> Deployed app we are building on spark and poured data through it.
>
> +1
>
> Sean
>

> On May 26, 2014, at 8:39 AM, Tathagata Das <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.0.0!
>>
>> This has a few important bug fixes on top of rc10:
>> SPARK-1900 and SPARK-1918: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/853
>> SPARK-1870: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/848
>> SPARK-1897: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/849
>>
>> The tag to be voted on is v1.0.0-rc11 (commit c69d97cd):
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a
>>
>> The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11/
>>
>> Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
>> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tdas.asc
>>
>> The staging repository for this release can be found at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/
>>
>> The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/
>>
>> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0!
>>
>> The vote is open until Thursday, May 29, at 16:00 UTC and passes if
>> a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 1.0.0
>>
>> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
>> http://spark.apache.org/
>>
>> == API Changes ==
>> We welcome users to compile Spark applications against 1.0. There are
>> a few API changes in this release. Here are links to the associated
>> upgrade guides - user facing changes have been kept as small as
>> possible.
>>
>> Changes to ML vector specification:
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>>
>> Changes to the Java API:
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>>
>> Changes to the streaming API:
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>>
>> Changes to the GraphX API:
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
>>
>> Other changes:
>> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
>> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
>>
>> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
>> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

andy
Administrator
+1
On May 28, 2014 7:05 PM, "Xiangrui Meng" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> Changes to the Java API:
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
> >>
> >> Changes to the streaming API:
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
> >>
> >> Changes to the GraphX API:
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091
> >>
> >> Other changes:
> >> coGroup and related functions now return Iterable[T] instead of Seq[T]
> >> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore the old behavior
> >>
> >> SparkContext.jarOfClass returns Option[String] instead of Seq[String]
> >> ==> Call toSeq on the result to restore old behavior

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Krishna Sankar
+1
Pulled & built on MacOS X, EC2 Amazon Linux
Ran test programs on OS X, 5 node c3.4xlarge cluster
Cheers
<k/>

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM, Andy Konwinski <[hidden email]>wrote:

> +1
> On May 28, 2014 7:05 PM, "Xiangrui Meng" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Tested apps with standalone client mode and yarn cluster and client
> modes.
> >
> > Xiangrui
> >
> > On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Sean McNamara
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Pulled down, compiled, and tested examples on OS X and ubuntu.
> > > Deployed app we are building on spark and poured data through it.
> > >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Sean
> > >

> > > On May 26, 2014, at 8:39 AM, Tathagata Das <
> [hidden email]>

> > version 1.0.0!

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

> at:

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x

> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Kevin Markey
+1

Built -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.3 -Dhadoop.version=2.3.0
Ran current version of one of my applications on 1-node pseudocluster
(sorry, unable to test on full cluster).
yarn-cluster mode
Ran regression tests.

Thanks
Kevin

On 05/28/2014 09:55 PM, Krishna Sankar wrote:

> +1
> Pulled & built on MacOS X, EC2 Amazon Linux
> Ran test programs on OS X, 5 node c3.4xlarge cluster
> Cheers
> <k/>
>

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM, Andy Konwinski <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> +1
>> On May 28, 2014 7:05 PM, "Xiangrui Meng" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Tested apps with standalone client mode and yarn cluster and client
>> modes.
>>> Xiangrui

>> [hidden email]>
>>> version 1.0.0!

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a
>> at:

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10
>>>>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark
>>>>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x
>>>>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Patrick Wendell
+1

I spun up a few EC2 clusters and ran my normal audit checks. Tests
passing, sigs, CHANGES and NOTICE look good

Thanks TD for helping cut this RC!

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Kevin Markey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Built -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.3 -Dhadoop.version=2.3.0
> Ran current version of one of my applications on 1-node pseudocluster
> (sorry, unable to test on full cluster).
> yarn-cluster mode
> Ran regression tests.
>
> Thanks
> Kevin
>

> On 05/28/2014 09:55 PM, Krishna Sankar wrote:
>>
>> +1
>> Pulled & built on MacOS X, EC2 Amazon Linux
>> Ran test programs on OS X, 5 node c3.4xlarge cluster
>> Cheers
>> <k/>
>>

>> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM, Andy Konwinski
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> +1

>>> modes.

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=c69d97cdb42f809cb71113a1db4194c21372242a

>>> at:

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1019/

>>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/mllib-guide.html#from-09-to-10

>>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/java-programming-guide.html#upgrading-from-pre-10-versions-of-spark

>>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/streaming-programming-guide.html#migration-guide-from-091-or-below-to-1x

>>> http://people.apache.org/~tdas/spark-1.0.0-rc11-docs/graphx-programming-guide.html#upgrade-guide-from-spark-091

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.0.0 (RC11)

Tathagata Das
Let me put in my +1 as well!

This voting is now closed, and it successfully passes with 13 "+1"
votes and one "0" vote.
Thanks to everyone who tested the RC and voted. Here are the totals:

+1: (13 votes)
Matei Zaharia*
Mark Hamstra*
Holden Karau
Nick Pentreath*
Will Benton
Henry Saputra
Sean McNamara*
Xiangrui Meng*
Andy Konwinski*
Krishna Sankar
Kevin Markey
Patrick Wendell*
Tathagata Das*

0: (1 vote)
Ankur Dave*

-1: (0 vote)

* = binding

Please hold off announcing Spark 1.0.0 until Apache Software
Foundation makes the press release tomorrow. Thank you very much for
your cooperation.

TD