[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc2)

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc2)

Patrick Wendell
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
(incubating) version 0.9.0.

A draft of the release notes along with the changes file is attached
to this e-mail.

The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-incubating (commit 00c847a):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=00c847af1d4be2fe5fad887a57857eead1e517dc

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1003/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating!

The vote is open until Wednesday, January 22, at 07:05 UTC
and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.incubator.apache.org/

CHANGES.txt (145K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc2)

Patrick Wendell
I'll kick of the voting with a +1.

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Patrick Wendell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
> (incubating) version 0.9.0.
>
> A draft of the release notes along with the changes file is attached
> to this e-mail.
>
> The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-incubating (commit 00c847a):
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=00c847af1d4be2fe5fad887a57857eead1e517dc
>
> The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2/

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1003/

> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2-docs/
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating!
>
> The vote is open until Wednesday, January 22, at 07:05 UTC
> and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PPMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating
>
> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> http://spark.incubator.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc2)

rxin
+1

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Patrick Wendell <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I'll kick of the voting with a +1.
>
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Patrick Wendell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
> > (incubating) version 0.9.0.
> >
> > A draft of the release notes along with the changes file is attached
> > to this e-mail.
> >
> > The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-incubating (commit 00c847a):
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=00c847af1d4be2fe5fad887a57857eead1e517dc
> >
> > The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2/
> >
> > Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
> > https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc
> >
> > The staging repository for this release can be found at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1003/
> >
> > The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2-docs/
> >
> > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating!
> >
> > The vote is open until Wednesday, January 22, at 07:05 UTC
> > and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PPMC votes are cast.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating
> >
> > To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> > http://spark.incubator.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc2)

Sandy Ryza
Has anybody tested against YARN 2.2?  I tried it out against a
pseudo-distributed cluster and ran into an issue I just filed as
SPARK-1031<https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-1031>
.

thanks,
Sandy

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>

> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Patrick Wendell <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > I'll kick of the voting with a +1.
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Patrick Wendell <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
> > > (incubating) version 0.9.0.
> > >
> > > A draft of the release notes along with the changes file is attached
> > > to this e-mail.
> > >
> > > The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-incubating (commit 00c847a):
> > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=00c847af1d4be2fe5fad887a57857eead1e517dc
> > >
> > > The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2/
> > >
> > > Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
> > > https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc
> > >
> > > The staging repository for this release can be found at:
> > >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1003/
> > >
> > > The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc2-docs/
> > >
> > > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating!
> > >
> > > The vote is open until Wednesday, January 22, at 07:05 UTC
> > > and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PPMC votes are cast.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating
> > > [ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
> > >
> > > To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
> > > http://spark.incubator.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc2)

Taka Shinagawa
I've found a problem with the cartesian method on Pyspark and filed
as SPARK-1034
https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-1034

0.8.1 doesn't have this problem. On Scala, cartesian method works fine.

It's also nice if SPARK-978 can be fixed, too.
https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-978

Thanks,
Taka

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Sandy Ryza <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anybody tested against YARN 2.2?  I tried it out against a
> pseudo-distributed cluster and ran into an issue I just filed as
> SPARK-1031<https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-1031>
> .
>
> thanks,
> Sandy
>

> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Reynold Xin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >

> > On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Patrick Wendell <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > I'll kick of the voting with a +1.

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=00c847af1d4be2fe5fad887a57857eead1e517dc

> at:

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1003/

> 0.9.0-incubating!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc2)

Patrick Wendell
This vote is cancelled in favor of rc3 - which fixes the YARN issue
Sandy ran into.

@taka - thanks for reporting that bug. It's not enough to block this
release however. Once a fix exists we can merge it into the 0.9 branch
and it will be in 0.9.1