[VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC3)

Michael Armbrust
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.0. The vote is open until Tues, June 6th, 2017 at 12:00 PST and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v2.2.0-rc3 (cc5dbd55b0b312a661d21a4b605ce5ead2ba5218)

List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this filter.

How can I help test this release?

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then reporting any regressions.

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.0?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to 2.3.0 or 2.2.1.

But my bug isn't fixed!??!

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release unless the bug in question is a regression from 2.1.1.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC3)

cloud0fan
I'm -1 on this.

I merged a PR to master/2.2 today and break the build. I'm really sorry for the trouble and I should not be so aggressive when merging PRs. The actual reason is some misleading comments in the code and a bug in Spark's testing framework that it never run REPL tests unless you change code in REPL module.

I will be more careful in the future, and should NEVER backport non-bug-fix commits to an RC branch. Sorry again for the trouble!

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Michael Armbrust <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.0. The vote is open until Tues, June 6th, 2017 at 12:00 PST and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v2.2.0-rc3 (cc5dbd55b0b312a661d21a4b605ce5ead2ba5218)

List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this filter.