Update Public Documentation - SparkSession instead of SparkContext

Update Public Documentation - SparkSession instead of SparkContext

Chetan Khatri
Hello Spark Dev Team,

I was working with my team having most of the confusion that why your public documentation is not updated with SparkSession if SparkSession is the ongoing extension and best practice instead of creating sparkcontext.

Thanks.

Re: Update Public Documentation - SparkSession instead of SparkContext

rxin
There is an existing pull request to update it: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/16856

But it is a little bit tricky.

Thanks.

Re: Update Public Documentation - SparkSession instead of SparkContext

Chetan Khatri
Sorry, The context i am referring is for below URL
http://spark.apache.org/docs/2.0.1/programming-guide.html

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
When asking a question like this, please actually link to what you are referring to. Some is intended.