Typo on spark.apache.org? "cyclic data flow"

Typo on spark.apache.org? "cyclic data flow"

Nicholas Chammas
The tagline on http://spark.apache.org/ says: "Apache Spark has an advanced DAG execution engine that supports cyclic data flow and in-memory computing."

Isn't that supposed to be "acyclic" rather than "cyclic"?

What does it mean to support cyclic data flow anyway?

Nick

Re: Typo on spark.apache.org? "cyclic data flow"

Sean Owen
Certainly a typo -- feel free to make a PR for the spark-website repo. (Might search for other instances of 'cyclic' too)

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 7:18 PM Nicholas Chammas <[hidden email]> wrote:
The tagline on http://spark.apache.org/ says: "Apache Spark has an advanced DAG execution engine that supports cyclic data flow and in-memory computing."

Isn't that supposed to be "acyclic" rather than "cyclic"?

What does it mean to support cyclic data flow anyway?

Nick

Nick

Re: Typo on spark.apache.org? "cyclic data flow"

Jacek Laskowski
Hi Nicholas,

Interesting. Just on the past Monday I was introducing spark and ran into it but thought it's my poor English skills :-) Thanks for spotting it!

(I also think that the entire welcome page begs for a face lifting - it's from pre-2.0 days)

Jacek