SparkR test failures in PR builder

Joseph Bradley
Hi all,

Does anyone know why the PR builder keeps failing on SparkR's CRAN checks?  I've seen this in a lot of unrelated PRs.  E.g.: https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/90065/console

Hossein spotted this line:
```
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ...Error in .check_package_CRAN_incoming(pkgdir) :
  dims [product 24] do not match the length of object [0]
```
and suggested that it could be CRAN flakiness.  I'm not familiar with CRAN, but do others have thoughts about how to fix this?

Thanks!
Joseph

--

Joseph Bradley

Software Engineer - Machine Learning

Databricks, Inc.

http://databricks.com

Re: SparkR test failures in PR builder

Kazuaki Ishizaki
I am not familiar with SparkR or CRAN. However, I remember that we had the similar situation.

Here is a great work at that time. When I have just visited this PR, I think that we have the similar situation (i.e. format error) again.
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/20005

Any other comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Kazuaki Ishizaki

Re: SparkR test failures in PR builder

Felix Cheung
This is resolved.

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24152

Re: SparkR test failures in PR builder

Xiao Li
Thank you for working on this. It helps a lot!

Xiao