SparkR is now available on CRAN

Shivaram Venkataraman
Hi all

I'm happy to announce that the most recent release of Spark, 2.1.2 is now available for download as an R package from CRAN at https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/SparkR/ . This makes it easy to get started with SparkR for new R users and the package includes code to download the corresponding Spark binaries. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-15799 has more details on this.

Many thanks to everyone who helped put this together -- especially Felix Cheung for making a number of fixes to meet the CRAN requirements and Holden Karau for the 2.1.2 release.

Thanks
Shivaram

Shivaram

Re: SparkR is now available on CRAN

Joseph Bradley
Awesome, this is a big step for Spark!

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Holden Karau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Software Engineer - Machine Learning

Databricks, Inc.

http://databricks.com