Spark graduate project ideas

Фёдор Короткий
Hi,

Currently I’m pursuing a masters degree in CS and I’m in search of my year project theme (in distributed systems field), and Spark seems very interesting to me.

Can you suggest some problems or ideas to work on?

By the way, what is the status of external sorting(https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/SPARK-983)?

Re: Spark graduate project ideas

rxin
There is a recent discussion on academic projects on Spark.

Take a look at the replies to that email (unfortunately you have to dig
through the archive to find the replies):
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-dev/201312.mbox/%3CCAHH8_ON-2y69fBfVtt6pngWtEPOZdsmvt4hZ=dOE-DZSK6k3sA@...%3E