Spark UI Source Code

Anshi-Shrivastava
Hi All,

I've been trying to debug the Spark UI source code to replicate the same Metric monitoring mechanism in my application.

I've found a KVStore wrapper which stores all the metrics in a LevelDb store. This KVStore wrapper is available as a spark-dependency but we cannot access the metrics directly from spark since they are all private. Can we use this store to store our own metrics? Also can we retrieve these metrics based on timestamp?

Thanks and Regards,
Anshi

DISCLAIMER:
All the content in email is intended for the recipient and not to be published elsewhere without Exadatum consent. And attachments shall be send only if required and with ownership of the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.

Re: Spark UI Source Code

Anshi-Shrivastava
Hi Marcelo, Dev,

Thanks for your response.
I have used SparkListeners to fetch the metrics (the public REST API uses the same) but to monitor these metrics over time, I have to persist them (using KVStore library of spark).  Is there a way to fetch data from this KVStore (which uses levelDb for storage) and filter it on basis on timestamp?

Thanks,
Anshi

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Marcelo Vanzin [via Apache Spark User List] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 1:44 AM, Anshi Shrivastava
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've found a KVStore wrapper which stores all the metrics in a LevelDb
> store. This KVStore wrapper is available as a spark-dependency but we cannot
> access the metrics directly from spark since they are all private.

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do exactly, but there's a
public REST API that exposes all the data Spark keeps about
applications. There's also a programmatic status tracker
(SparkContext.statusTracker) that's easier to use from within the
running Spark app, but has a lot less info.

> Can we use this store to store our own metrics?

No.

> Also can we retrieve these metrics based on timestamp?

Only if the REST API has that feature, don't remember off the top of my head.

--
Marcelo

http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Re-Spark-UI-Source-Code-tp32114.html
To start a new topic under Apache Spark User List, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Apache Spark User List, click here.
NAML