[Spark Docs]: Question about building docs including docs of internal packages

[Spark Docs]: Question about building docs including docs of internal packages

Omer Ozarslan
Hello,

I'm trying to build docs with univoc such that it includes internal
components of spark on master branch. I looked at latest docs [1][2],
but I couldn't figure out instructions for doing so. Specifically, I'm
trying to build docs for `org.apache.spark.sql.execution` package to
access data source v2 docs. I tried building with just `./build/sbt
univoc` so far.

Can I build docs so that docs of internal scala packages are also
included in the output?

Thanks,
Omer

[1]: https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html
[2]: https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/docs/README.md

Re: [Spark Docs]: Question about building docs including docs of internal packages

Omer Ozarslan
ps. I meant unidoc, not univoc

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 2:15 PM Omer Ozarslan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build docs with univoc such that it includes internal
> components of spark on master branch. I looked at latest docs [1][2],
> but I couldn't figure out instructions for doing so. Specifically, I'm
> trying to build docs for `org.apache.spark.sql.execution` package to
> access data source v2 docs. I tried building with just `./build/sbt
> univoc` so far.
>
> Can I build docs so that docs of internal scala packages are also
> included in the output?
>
> Thanks,
> Omer
>
> [1]: https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html
> [2]: https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/docs/README.md

Re: [Spark Docs]: Question about building docs including docs of internal packages

gemelen
Hello,

by default, some packages (that are treated as internal) are excluded from
documentation generation task. To generate Javadoc/Scaladoc for classes from
them, you would need to comment relevant line in build definition file.
For example. package `org/apache/spark/sql/execution` is mentioned here -
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/project/SparkBuild.scala#L857

Once the package is commented, `unidoc` task would generate documentation
from it.

Re: [Spark Docs]: Question about building docs including docs of internal packages

Omer Ozarslan
Hello,

Thanks. It worked well for me. I ended up with the small patch below.

https://gist.github.com/ozars/2b01c9647bc34f16ab3c18eef3579147

Best,
Omer