Spark 3.0 tentative release date

soma dhavala
Any idea on when Spark 3.0.0 is to come, and its roadmap?
I am particularly awaiting this feature:

thanks,
-soma

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 12:27 PM Xiao Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are happy to announce the availability of Spark 2.4.3!

Spark 2.4.3 is a maintenance release containing stability fixes. This release is based on the branch-2.4 maintenance branch of Spark. We strongly recommend all 2.4 users to upgrade to this stable release.

Note that 2.4.3 switched the default Scala version from Scala 2.12 to Scala 2.11, which is the default for all the previous 2.x releases except 2.4.2. That means, the pre-built convenience binaries are compiled for Scala 2.11. Spark is still cross-published for 2.11 and 2.12 in Maven Central, and can be built for 2.12 from source.

To download Spark 2.4.3, head over to the download page:

To view the release notes:

We would like to acknowledge all community members for contributing to this release. This release would not have been possible without you.

Xiao Li