Slowness of Spark Thrift Server

Maciej Bryński
Hi,
I have following issue.
I'm trying to use Spark as a proxy to Cassandra.
The problem is the thrift server overhead.

I'm using following query:
select * from table where primay_key = 123

Job time (from jobs tab) is around 50ms. (and it's similar to query time from SQL tab)
Unfortunately query time from JDBC/ODBC Server is 650 ms.
Any ideas why ? What could cause such an overhead ?

Maciek Bryński

Re: Slowness of Spark Thrift Server

Maciej Bryński
I did the test on Spark 2.2.0 and problem still exists.

Any ideas how to fix it ?

Regards,
Maciek

--