Should 3.1.0 config props be 3.1.1 (as s.k.executor.missingPodDetectDelta)?

Should 3.1.0 config props be 3.1.1 (as s.k.executor.missingPodDetectDelta)?

Jacek Laskowski
Hi,

Just noticed a couple of configuration properties marked as version("3.1.0") in Spark on Kubernetes' Config. There's one spark.kubernetes.executor.missingPodDetectDelta property marked as 3.1.1.

That triggered this question in my mind whether all together should be 3.1.1?

(We could leave it as is as an "easter egg"-like thing too)

Re: Should 3.1.0 config props be 3.1.1 (as s.k.executor.missingPodDetectDelta)?

Hyukjin Kwon
I think we can just leave it as is. We have the unofficial 3.1.0 release with its corresponding git tag so 3.1.0 mark isn't completely useless.

Also changing means we should go through JIRAs and change the version properties, fixing conflict, etc. which I don't think is worthwhile.

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021, 20:43 Jacek Laskowski, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Just noticed a couple of configuration properties marked as version("3.1.0") in Spark on Kubernetes' Config. There's one spark.kubernetes.executor.missingPodDetectDelta property marked as 3.1.1.

That triggered this question in my mind whether all together should be 3.1.1?

(We could leave it as is as an "easter egg"-like thing too)

Re: Should 3.1.0 config props be 3.1.1 (as s.k.executor.missingPodDetectDelta)?

Jacek Laskowski
Hi Hyukjin,

Agreed. I asked to see if I'm not missing anything. Thank you.