[SQL] Return Type of Round Func

Anton Okolnychyi
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the round() function, which was developed long time ago as SPARK-8159. Currently, the return type is exactly as the input type. That is reasonable, but does not match with Hive. As I understand, Hive produces either double or decimal as output (see here for details).

I know that some functions (e.g., ceil and floor) were updated to match the behavior of Hive (e.g., return types). Shouldn't it be the same here?

Best,
Anton