SPIP: SPARK-18085: History server enhancements

SPIP: SPARK-18085: History server enhancements

Marcelo Vanzin
Hi all,

I've requested feedback for this a few times in the past, but since
now it's been labeled as an SPIP, I'll do it again. Please take a look
and provide any feedback you might have!

Also, be aware that development is well under way for this and the
current code diverged slightly from the approach described in the spec
document. But the underlying ideas are still the same, I just decided
to be more aggressive with merging the feature with the existing code
to make it easier to spot conflicts with changes going into the repo
while the feature was being developed.

Also note that there are many enhancements that are possible, but not
meant to be tracked by this feature, and a few of them are explicitly
called out in the specification as being out of scope. I've linked a
few of those enhancements that are being tracked on JIRA to the bug.

--
Marcelo