SPARK-34600. Support user-defined types in Pandas UDF

SPARK-34600. Support user-defined types in Pandas UDF

Lei Xu
Hi, Here

I have been working on a PR
(https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/31735) that allows returning
UserDefinedType from PandasUDF.
Would love to see the feedback from the community.

Btw, since this is my first patch on Spark, it seems that I dont have
permission to assign the ticket
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-34600) to myself.
Does it require a Spark committer / PMC help to add me into the
contributor list?

Thanks,
Best regards,

Re: SPARK-34600. Support user-defined types in Pandas UDF

attilapiros
Hi!

First of all thanks for your contribution!

PySpark is not an area I am familiar with but I can answer your question
regarding Jira.

The issue will be assigned to you when your change is in:
>  The JIRA will be Assigned to the primary contributor to the change as a
> way of giving credit. If the JIRA isn’t closed and/or Assigned promptly,
> comment on the JIRA.

You can check  the contributing page
<https://spark.apache.org/contributing.html>  .

Best regards,