Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.3.1

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.3.1

Jacek Laskowski
Hi Marcelo,

How to announce it on twitter @ https://twitter.com/apachespark? How to make it part of the release process?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Marcelo Vanzin <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are happy to announce the availability of Spark 2.3.1!

Apache Spark 2.3.1 is a maintenance release, based on the branch-2.3
maintenance branch of Spark. We strongly recommend all 2.3.x users to
upgrade to this stable release.

To download Spark 2.3.1, head over to the download page:
http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html

To view the release notes:
https://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-3-1.html

We would like to acknowledge all community members for contributing to
this release. This release would not have been possible without you.

--
Marcelo

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.3.1

Marcelo Vanzin-2
Hi Jacek,

I seriously have no idea... I don't even know who owns that account (I
hope they have some connection with the PMC?).

But it seems whoever owns it already sent something.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:31 AM, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marcelo,
>
> How to announce it on twitter @ https://twitter.com/apachespark? How to make
> it part of the release process?
>
> Pozdrawiam,
> Jacek Laskowski
> ----
> https://about.me/JacekLaskowski
> Mastering Spark SQL https://bit.ly/mastering-spark-sql
> Spark Structured Streaming https://bit.ly/spark-structured-streaming
> Mastering Kafka Streams https://bit.ly/mastering-kafka-streams
> Follow me at https://twitter.com/jaceklaskowski
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Marcelo Vanzin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> We are happy to announce the availability of Spark 2.3.1!
>>
>> Apache Spark 2.3.1 is a maintenance release, based on the branch-2.3
>> maintenance branch of Spark. We strongly recommend all 2.3.x users to
>> upgrade to this stable release.
>>
>> To download Spark 2.3.1, head over to the download page:
>> http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html
>>
>> To view the release notes:
>> https://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-3-1.html
>>
>> We would like to acknowledge all community members for contributing to
>> this release. This release would not have been possible without you.
>>

>> --
>> Marcelo

Marcelo

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.3.1

Jules Damji-2

Matei & I own it. I normally tweet or handle Spark related PSAs

Cheers
Jules

Sent from my iPhone
Pardon the dumb thumb typos :)