[R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

[R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

shane knapp

basically since these branches are old, and there will be a greater than zero amount of work to get lint-r to pass (on the new ubuntu workers), sean and i are proposing to remove the lint-r checks for the builds.

this is super not important for the 2.4 cut/code freeze, but i wanted to get this done before it gets pushed down my queue and before we revisit the ubuntu port.

thanks in advance,

shane
Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

Shivaram Venkataraman
Sounds good to me as well. Thanks Shane.

Shivaram

Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

Sean Owen-2
Seems OK to proceed with shutting off lintr, as it was masking those.

Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

shane knapp
/agreemsg

Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

Felix Cheung
SGTM for old branches.

I recall we need to upgrade to newer lintr since it is missing some tests.

Also these seems like real test failures? Are these only happening in 2.1 and 2.2?

Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

shane knapp
they do seem like real failures on branches 2.0 and 2.1.

regarding infrastructure, centos and ubuntu have lintr pinned to 1.0.1.9000, and installed via:
devtools::install_github('jimhester/lintr@5431140')

builds on branches 2.2+ (and master) are passing R lint checks on both OSes as well.  this includes PRB builds too.  we're really close!

for once, i feel comfortable saying that i have the R ecosystem locked down, reproducible and working.  :)

shane

Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [R] discuss: removing lint-r checks for old branches

Hyukjin Kwon
SGTM too

2018년 8월 12일 (일) 오전 7:41, shane knapp <[hidden email]>님이 작성: