Quantcast

Pull Request Made, Ignored So Far

John Compitello
Hi all,

I’m a new Spark contributor who put in a pull request a few days ago: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/17459

It’s a relatively small, isolated change that should be pretty simple to review. It has been a big help in the main project I’m working on (https://github.com/hail-is/hail) so I wanted to contribute it back to main Spark. It’s been a few days though, and I haven’t had my branch cleared to run tests or any acknowledgement of it all. Is there any process to ask someone to review your PR or get it assigned to someone? I’m afraid it’s just going to slowly sink down onto later and later pages in the PR list until it’s too deep for anyone to be expected to find otherwise.

Best,

John

Re: Pull Request Made, Ignored So Far

Joseph Bradley
Hi John,

Thanks for pinging about this.  It does look useful, but I'll admit 3 days isn't a long time since there are so many (hundreds) of open PRs.  I'll see if I can take a look soon (or others should feel free to as well).  I'd also recommend checking out the surrounding code and pinging the contributors or committers who have worked on it to grab their attention & early feedback.

Thanks!
Joseph

--

Joseph Bradley

Software Engineer - Machine Learning

Databricks, Inc.

http://databricks.com

Re: Pull Request Made, Ignored So Far

Liang-Chi Hsieh

Hi John,

Thanks for working on this. I don't see you ping any contributors or committers on your PR so far. One way to attract the attention from the reviewers is giving a gentle ping for who've worked on the codes you changed.

I've left few comments on your PR. You may check if the comments make sense for you. Maybe we can address possible issues, if any. So once the committers can review your PR, the review process can be shorter. Thank you.

John Compitello wrote
Hi all,

I’m a new Spark contributor who put in a pull request a few days ago: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/17459 <https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/17459>

It’s a relatively small, isolated change that should be pretty simple to review. It has been a big help in the main project I’m working on (https://github.com/hail-is/hail <https://hail.is/>) so I wanted to contribute it back to main Spark. It’s been a few days though, and I haven’t had my branch cleared to run tests or any acknowledgement of it all. Is there any process to ask someone to review your PR or get it assigned to someone? I’m afraid it’s just going to slowly sink down onto later and later pages in the PR list until it’s too deep for anyone to be expected to find otherwise.

Best,

John
Liang-Chi Hsieh | @viirya
Spark Technology Center