Proposing an 18-month maintenance period for feature branches

Proposing an 18-month maintenance period for feature branches

Sean Owen-3
This was mentioned in another thread, but I wanted to highlight this proposed change to our release policy:

Right now we don't have any guidance about how long feature branches get maintenance releases. I'm proposing 18 months as a guide -- not a hard limit, just a target.

If feature releases happen every 6 months, that means masterĀ + 3 feature branches are 'live' at any one time, which seems like plenty. This also means 2.1.x is now EOL.

Comments? on the PR.