Predicate not getting pusdhown to PrunedFilterScan

Predicate not getting pusdhown to PrunedFilterScan

Hanumath Rao Maduri
Hello All,

I am working on creating a new PrunedFilteredScan operator which has the ability to execute the predicates pushed to this operator.

However What I observed is that if column with deep in the hierarchy is used then it is not getting pushed down.

SELECT tom._id, tom.address.city from tom where tom.address.city = "Peter"

Here predicate tom.address.city = "Peter" is not getting pushed down.

However if the first level column name is used then it is getting pushed down.

SELECT tom._id, tom.address.city from tom where tom.first_name = "Peter"

Please let me know what is the issue in this case.