PR testing and flaky tests (triggering executions separately)

PR testing and flaky tests (triggering executions separately)

attilapiros
Hello everybody,

A commit for a PR triggers three different test executions:
  • SparkPullRequestBuilder
  • SparkPullRequestBuilder-K8s
  • Github actions triggered checks
Each one of these could contain a flaky test.

Is it already possible to trigger these executions separately?

If not I think we could save some computing resources and time by introducing separate textual command (like having argument for "Jenkins retest this" or use any other text as Github actions not Jenkins related).

So a commit would still trigger all the three but a manual trigger would be available for the different executions separately.

A PR can be merged if all the three are successful but it should not matter whether they were triggered together for a specific commit or separately as long as we have the three check marks for the commit in question.

Best Regards,
Attila