Off Heap Memory

Jack Kolokasis
Hello,
     I recently start studying the Spark's memory management system. My
question is about the offHeapExecutionMemoryPool and
offHeapStorageMemoryPool.

     1. How Spark use the offHeapExecutionMemoryPool ?
     2. How use the offHeap memory (I understand the allocation side),
but it is not such clear how store or load from this memory. (e.g how an
Object is saved on the offHeap Memory) ?

Thanks for your reply,
-Iacovos

Off Heap Memory

Jack Kolokasis
Hello,
     I recently start studying the Spark's memory management system.
More spesifically I want to understand how spark use the off-Heap memory.
Interanlly I saw, that there are two types of offHeap memory.
(offHeapExecutionMemoryPool and offHeapStorageMemoryPool).

     How Spark use the offHeap memory ?

     How Spark use the offHeapExecutionMemoryPool and how the
offHeapStorageMemoryPool ?

     Is there any good tutorial or a guide that explain internally the
Spark Memory Management ?

Thanks for your reply,
-Iacovos