Kubernetes Big-Data-SIG notes, September 19

Kubernetes Big-Data-SIG notes, September 19

Erik Erlandson-2
Meta
Following this week's regular meeting we will be meeting bi weekly. The next meeting will be October 3. I will be in London for Spark Summit and so Yinan Li will chair that meeting.

Spark
K8s backend development for 2.4 is complete. There is some renewed discussion about how much verification to do on user pod templates. This feature is not landing in 2.4 and there is leeway to generate more consensus during the next release cycle.