Java version for building Spark

Valeriy Trofimov
Hi All,

What Java version should I use to build Spark on Ubuntu? What are the instructions on installing it on Ubuntu?

Official doc on this is missing this info: https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html

If I use default JDK, I get a build error Googling which shows that I need to install OpenJDK. But building Spark using openJDK shows me an error Googling which shows that I need to install default JDK. I can give you error details, if you are interested, but let's settle on the Java version first.

Thanks,
Val

Re: Java version for building Spark

Sean Owen-2
"The Maven-based build is the build of reference for Apache Spark.
Building Spark using Maven requires Maven 3.5.4 and Java 8."
It doesn't depend on a particular version of Java 8. Installing it is
platform-dependent.