Is `branch-3.0` frozen for RC1 or not?

Dongjoon Hyun-2
Hi, All.

RC1 tag was created yesterday and traditionally we hold on all backporting activities to give some time to a release manager. I'm also holding two commits at master branch.

However, I'm still seeing some commits land on `branch-3.0`.

Reynold, if you are going to cut `v3.0.0-rc2` immediately without having RC1 vote, please share the information to the community committers explicitly.

Re: Is `branch-3.0` frozen for RC1 or not?

Xiao Li-2
Hi, Dongjoon,

You can backport the commits from master to 3.0, as long as they follow our code freeze policy. Feel free to -1 on RC1 vote if your backported PRs are blocking the release.

Cheers,

Xiao