InferFiltersFromConstraints logical optimization rule and Optimizer.defaultBatches?

InferFiltersFromConstraints logical optimization rule and Optimizer.defaultBatches?

Jacek Laskowski
Hi,

I'm curious why there is a need to include InferFiltersFromConstraints logical optimization in operatorOptimizationRuleSet value [1] that seems to be only to exclude it later [2]?

In other words, I think that simply removing InferFiltersFromConstraints from operatorOptimizationRuleSet value [1] would make no change (except removing a "dead code").

Does this make sense? Could I be missing something?

Re: InferFiltersFromConstraints logical optimization rule and Optimizer.defaultBatches?

Jungtaek Lim-2
Please correct me if I'm missing something. At a glance, your statements look correct if I understand correctly. I guess it might be simply missed, but it sounds as pretty trivial one as only a line can be removed safely which won't affect anything. (filterNot should be retained even we remove the line to prevent extended rules to break this)

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 9:54 PM Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious why there is a need to include InferFiltersFromConstraints logical optimization in operatorOptimizationRuleSet value [1] that seems to be only to exclude it later [2]?

In other words, I think that simply removing InferFiltersFromConstraints from operatorOptimizationRuleSet value [1] would make no change (except removing a "dead code").

Does this make sense? Could I be missing something?

Re: InferFiltersFromConstraints logical optimization rule and Optimizer.defaultBatches?

Jacek Laskowski
Hi Jungtaek,

Thanks a lot for your answer. What you're saying reflects my understanding perfectly. There's a small change, but makes understanding where rules are used much simpler (= less confusing). I'll propose a PR and see where it goes from there. Thanks!