Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Marvin

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC.
It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:30:30:00 PST. The report
for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks before the board meeting, to allow
sufficient time for review and submission (Wed, Jan 1st).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and
subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you
should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report
----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

 * Your project name
 * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
   or necessarily of its field
 * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
   graduation.
 * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
 * How has the community developed since the last report
 * How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014

Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
      created from a template.

Mentors
-------
Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the
Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Henry Saputra
Any volunteer to write up the report for Spark?

- Henry

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Marvin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear podling,
>
> This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC.
> It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
> board report.
>
> The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:30:30:00 PST. The report
> for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
> requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks before the board meeting, to allow
> sufficient time for review and submission (Wed, Jan 1st).
>
> Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and
> should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board meeting.
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Apache Incubator PMC
>
> Submitting your Report
> ----------------------

>  * Your project name
>  * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
>    or necessarily of its field
>  * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
>    graduation.
>  * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
>  * How has the community developed since the last report
>  * How has the project developed since the last report.

>   http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014
>
> Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
>       created from a template.
>
> Mentors
> -------
> project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.
>
> Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Matei Zaharia
Administrator
Yup, I’ll write it up soon.

The main thing missing for us is unfortunately still the JIRA import — let’s see if we can get some help with that, since I think we have at least one version that is importable. If you know anyone who can do this please point them to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6419.

Matei

On Dec 31, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Henry Saputra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any volunteer to write up the report for Spark?
>
> - Henry
>
> On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Marvin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Dear podling,
>>
>> This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC.
>> It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
>> board report.
>>
>> The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:30:30:00 PST. The report
>> for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
>> requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks before the board meeting, to allow
>> sufficient time for review and submission (Wed, Jan 1st).
>>
>> Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and
>> subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you
>> should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board meeting.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The Apache Incubator PMC
>>
>> Submitting your Report
>> ----------------------

>> * Your project name
>> * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
>>   or necessarily of its field
>> * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
>>   graduation.
>> * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
>> * How has the community developed since the last report
>> * How has the project developed since the last report.

>>  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014
>>
>> Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
>>      created from a template.
>>
>> Mentors
>> -------
>> Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the
>> Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
>> project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.
>>
>> Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Henry Saputra
Thanks Matei, will try to solicit help for our JIRA import.

Oh and happy new year to Spark dev community :)

- Henry

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013, Matei Zaharia wrote:

> [...]
> aware of
> >> * How has the community developed since the last report
> >> * How has the project developed since the last report.
> >>
> >> This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:
> >>
> >>  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014
> >>
> >> Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
> this page is
> >>      created from a template.
> >>
> >> Mentors
> >> -------
> >> Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
> the
> >> Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following
> the
> >> project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the
> Incubator PMC.
> >>
> >> Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Alright, I’ve posted an update at https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014.

If we can’t get the JIRA imported soon, my suggestion would be just to skip importing the old issues and start the ones here at a higher issue number. People will still be able to find the old ones through Google, and we can configure the old JIRA to send emails to our mailing list here if that’s a concern. To me the most important thing is to finalize our infrastructure so that we avoid confusing developers and users, and the sooner we do this the better, as it will get more and more disruptive over time.

Matei

On Jan 1, 2014, at 2:51 AM, Henry Saputra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Matei, will try to solicit help for our JIRA import.
>
> Oh and happy new year to Spark dev community :)
>
> - Henry
>
> On Tuesday, December 31, 2013, Matei Zaharia wrote:
>
>> Yup, I’ll write it up soon.
>>
>> The main thing missing for us is unfortunately still the JIRA import —
>> let’s see if we can get some help with that, since I think we have at least
>> one version that is importable. If you know anyone who can do this please
>> point them to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6419.
>>
>> Matei
>>
>> On Dec 31, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Henry Saputra <[hidden email]<javascript:;>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Any volunteer to write up the report for Spark?
>>>
>>> - Henry

>> Incubator PMC.
>> quarterly

>> PST. The report
>> Incubator PMC
>> to allow

>> PMC, and
>> you

>> the project
>> towards
>> aware of

>> this page is

>> the
>> the
>> Incubator PMC.

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Henry Saputra
+1 for the report, thanks Matei. Will sign off if by EOD if no more comments.

As for JIRA import, yeah the worst case we could just skip the import
and do manual "import" for some important issues from amplab JIRA.
That what we did in MetaModel podling. Kinda hassle but at the end the
migration done and can focus on ASF jira instead.

- Henry

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Matei Zaharia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alright, I’ve posted an update at https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014.
>
> If we can’t get the JIRA imported soon, my suggestion would be just to skip importing the old issues and start the ones here at a higher issue number. People will still be able to find the old ones through Google, and we can configure the old JIRA to send emails to our mailing list here if that’s a concern. To me the most important thing is to finalize our infrastructure so that we avoid confusing developers and users, and the sooner we do this the better, as it will get more and more disruptive over time.
>
> Matei
>
> On Jan 1, 2014, at 2:51 AM, Henry Saputra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Matei, will try to solicit help for our JIRA import.
>>
>> Oh and happy new year to Spark dev community :)
>>
>> - Henry
>>
>> On Tuesday, December 31, 2013, Matei Zaharia wrote:
>>
>>> Yup, I’ll write it up soon.
>>>
>>> The main thing missing for us is unfortunately still the JIRA import —
>>> let’s see if we can get some help with that, since I think we have at least
>>> one version that is importable. If you know anyone who can do this please
>>> point them to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6419.
>>>
>>> Matei

>>> Incubator PMC.
>>> quarterly

>>> PST. The report
>>> Incubator PMC
>>> to allow

>>> PMC, and
>>> you

>>> the project
>>> towards
>>> aware of

>>> this page is

>>> the
>>> the
>>> Incubator PMC.

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2014 ([ppmc])

Roman Shaposhnik
Great report!

Thanks,
Roman.