IPv6 support

Pavithra R

I came across some issues which were fixed for ipv6 support.

But I cant find any documentation that claims, sparks supports ipv6 completely.

Hadoop is having a separate jira to work on ipv6 support. Is there any such task in spark too?

I would like to know if there is any task planned for ipv6 support of Spark?

Pavithra R

Re: IPv6 support

Steve Loughran-2

Fairly neglected hadoop patch, FWIW; https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11890

FB have been running HDFS &c on IPv6 for a while, but their codebase has diverged; getting the stuff into trunk is going to take effort. At least the JDK has moved on and should be better

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM Pavithra R <[hidden email]> wrote:

I came across some issues which were fixed for ipv6 support.

But I cant find any documentation that claims, sparks supports ipv6 completely.

Hadoop is having a separate jira to work on ipv6 support. Is there any such task in spark too?

I would like to know if there is any task planned for ipv6 support of Spark?

Pavithra R

RE: IPv6 support

Rao, Abhishek (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)

Hi,

I see there is some implementation done in spark towards supporting IPv6.

As per the description, it says support for IPv6 in Yarn mode. Do we have any plans to have IPv6 support for other resource managers (specially Kubernetes)?

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek