Quantcast

GROUPING SETS as Dataset operator? Ordinals support?

GROUPING SETS as Dataset operator? Ordinals support?

Jacek Laskowski
Hi,

I've been learning myself GROUPING SETS in Spark SQL and noticed it's
only supported in SQL mode. I _think_ it could be reasonably easy to
add support as Dataset operator. Has this been ever considered? Would
it be considered a part of Spark 2.2+?

I also noticed there's support for ordinals in groupBy and orderBy,
but doesn't seem supported in GROUPING SETS.

What do you think about adding the features to Spark SQL?

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/