Fwd: Sample date_trunc error for webpage (https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.3.0/api/sql/#date_trunc )

Chris Lambertus
Spark,

We received this message. I have not ACKd it.

-Chris
INFRA

Begin forwarded message:

From: "binggan1989" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Sample date_trunc error for webpage (https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.3.0/api/sql/#date_trunc
Date: July 5, 2019 at 2:54:54 AM PDT
To: "webmaster" <[hidden email]>

I found an example of the function usage given on the website is incorrect and needs to be fixed.

From: "binggan1989" <[hidden email]>
Date: July 5, 2019 at 2:54:54 AM PDT
To: "webmaster" <[hidden email]>

I found an example of the function usage given on the website is incorrect and needs to be fixed.

20331086720461933.png (54K) Download Attachment

From: "binggan1989" <[hidden email]>
Date: July 5, 2019 at 2:54:54 AM PDT
To: "webmaster" <[hidden email]>

I found an example of the function usage given on the website is incorrect and needs to be fixed.

Re: Sample date_trunc error for webpage (https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.3.0/api/sql/#date_trunc )

Sean Owen-3
Thanks Russell, that's right. This was already fixed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24378 a while ago.
[hidden email] generally you'd want to report issues vs the latest release, and do so with a JIRA or pull request for Spark if it still exists in stable releases. Thanks!

From: "binggan1989" <[hidden email]>
Date: July 5, 2019 at 2:54:54 AM PDT
To: "webmaster" <[hidden email]>

I found an example of the function usage given on the website is incorrect and needs to be fixed.