[DISCUSS] Support decimals with negative scale in decimal operation

[DISCUSS] Support decimals with negative scale in decimal operation

Marco Gaido
Hi all,

a bit more than one month ago, I sent a proposal for handling properly decimals with negative scales in our operations. This is a long standing problem in our codebase as we derived our rules from Hive and SQLServer where negative scales are forbidden, while in Spark they are not.

The discussion has been stale for a while now. No more comments on the design doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ScbMXJ83bO9lx8hB_jeJCSryhT9O_HDEcixDq0qmPk/edit#heading=h.x7062zmkubwm.

So I am writing this e-mail in order to check whether there are more comments on it or we can go ahead with the PR.

Thanks,
Marco