[DISCUSS] SPIP: Standardize SQL logical plans

[DISCUSS] SPIP: Standardize SQL logical plans

Ryan Blue
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I wrote up a proposal to standardize SQL logical plans and a supporting design doc for data source catalog APIs. From the comments on those docs, it looks like we mostly have agreement around standardizing plans and around the data source catalog API.

We still need to work out details, like the transactional API extension, but I'd like to get started implementing those proposals so we have something working for the 2.4.0 release. I'm starting this thread because I think we're about ready to vote on the proposal and I'd like to get any remaining discussion going or get anyone that missed this to read through the docs.

Thanks!

rb