Cannot find checkstyle.xml

Jakub Dubovsky
Hello there,

I am trying to build spark locally so I can test something to help resolve this ticket.

git checkout v2.1.0
./build/mvn -Phadoop-2.6 -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.7.1 -DskipTests -e clean install

This starts the build successfully. Then I changed one source file and a version in pom.xml (exact diff). After this change when I run the same build command as above I get failure:

Could not find resource 'dev/checkstyle.xml'

How this one commit change can cause this error? checkstyle.xml is still there. I run maven from project root in both cases. What should I change to build this?

Thanks for your help

Jakub

Jakub

Re: Cannot find checkstyle.xml

Jakub Dubovsky
Thanks Ted for trying. (see below for Ted's reply). Con somebody confirm that this is not an expected behaviour? Is there somebody else having same issue?

Thanks!

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:42 PM, Ted Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Using your command, I got:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.spark:spark-launcher_2.11:jar:2.1.0: Could not find artifact org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-client:jar:2.6.0-cdh5.7.1 in central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:211)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:195)
... 23 more

So I switched to:

./build/mvn -Phadoop-2.7 -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -DskipTests -e clean install

With your change to pom.xml, I got the same error.

Without change to pom.xml, the build continues.