Quantcast

Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

andy
Administrator
Hi folks,

We have seen a lot of community growth outside of the Bay Area and we are
looking to help spur even more!

For starters, the organizers of the Spark meetups here in the Bay Area want
to help anybody that is interested in setting up a meetup in a new city.

Some amazing Spark champions have stepped forward in Seattle, Vancouver,
Boulder/Denver, and a few other areas already.

Right now, we are looking to connect with you Spark enthusiasts in NYC about
helping to run an inaugural Spark Meetup in your area.

You can reply to me directly if you are interested and I can tell you about
all of the resources we have to offer (speakers from the core community, a
budget for food, help scheduling, etc.), and let's make this happen!

Andy

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

andy
Administrator

I'll reply to each of you off-list to coordinate next-steps for setting up a Spark meetup in your home area.

Thanks again, this is super exciting.

Andy

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Anurag Dodeja <[hidden email]> wrote:
How about Chicago?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Nan Zhu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Montreal or Toronto?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Martin Goodson <[hidden email]> wrote:
How about London?

--
Martin Goodson  |  VP Data Science
(0)20 3397 1240

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Andy Konwinski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

We have seen a lot of community growth outside of the Bay Area and we are looking to help spur even more!

For starters, the organizers of the Spark meetups here in the Bay Area want to help anybody that is interested in setting up a meetup in a new city.

Some amazing Spark champions have stepped forward in Seattle, Vancouver, Boulder/Denver, and a few other areas already.

Right now, we are looking to connect with you Spark enthusiasts in NYC about helping to run an inaugural Spark Meetup in your area.

You can reply to me directly if you are interested and I can tell you about all of the resources we have to offer (speakers from the core community, a budget for food, help scheduling, etc.), and let's make this happen!

Andy

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

Krakna H
Would love to see this happen and happy to help set this up in NYC.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:52 PM, andy [via Apache Spark Developers List] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Calling-Spark-enthusiasts-in-NYC-tp6165p6167.html
To start a new topic under Apache Spark Developers List, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Apache Spark Developers List, click here.
NAML

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

Surendranauth Hiraman
We at Velos are willing to get involved too.

Please let me know.

-Suren

SUREN HIRAMAN, VP TECHNOLOGY
Velos
Accelerating Machine Learning

440 NINTH AVENUE, 11TH FLOOR
NEW YORK, NY 10001
O: (917) 525-2466 ext. 105
F: 646.349.4063
E: suren.hiraman@v <[hidden email]>elos.io
W: www.velos.io

http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

--

SUREN HIRAMAN, VP TECHNOLOGY
Velos
Accelerating Machine Learning

440 NINTH AVENUE, 11TH FLOOR
NEW YORK, NY 10001
O: (917) 525-2466 ext. 105
F: 646.349.4063
E: suren.hiraman@v <[hidden email]>elos.io
W: www.velos.io

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

shenyan zhen
I'll be very interested.
Quick intro of myself: code java during the day, code Scala during the
night.