Apache Spark 2.4.8 (and EOL of 2.4)

12

Re: Apache Spark 2.4.8 (and EOL of 2.4)

Liang-Chi Hsieh
Hi devs,

Currently no open issues or ongoing issues targeting 2.4.

On QA test dashboard, only spark-branch-2.4-test-sbt-hadoop-2.6 is in red
status. The failed test is
org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.StreamingQueryManagerSuite.awaitAnyTermination
with timeout and resetTerminated. It looks a flaky test to me. It was passed
locally too.

So I'm wondering if I could directly go to cut 2.4.8 RC1 given one red
light? Or we need to re-trigger the failed Jenkins build and wait it to be
greed?

Liang-Chi

Re: Apache Spark 2.4.8 (and EOL of 2.4)

Hyukjin Kwon
I would +1for just going ahead. That looks flaky to me too.

Thanks Langchi for driving this!

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021, 18:17 Liang-Chi Hsieh, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi devs,

Currently no open issues or ongoing issues targeting 2.4.

On QA test dashboard, only spark-branch-2.4-test-sbt-hadoop-2.6 is in red
status. The failed test is
org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.StreamingQueryManagerSuite.awaitAnyTermination
with timeout and resetTerminated. It looks a flaky test to me. It was passed
locally too.

So I'm wondering if I could directly go to cut 2.4.8 RC1 given one red
light? Or we need to re-trigger the failed Jenkins build and wait it to be
greed?

Liang-Chi

Re: Apache Spark 2.4.8 (and EOL of 2.4)

Liang-Chi Hsieh

Thanks Hyukjin and Dongjoon! :)

Then I will start RC.

Dongjoon Hyun-2 wrote
> Given that Maven passed already with that profile and you tested locally,
> I'm +1 for staring RC.
>
> Thanks,
> Dongjoon.
>
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 2:24 AM Hyukjin Kwon &lt;

> gurwls223@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> I would +1for just going ahead. That looks flaky to me too.
>>
>> Thanks Langchi for driving this!

Re: Apache Spark 2.4.8 (and EOL of 2.4)

mingjia-2
Hi, All.

I fixed  SPARK-32708 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-32708#>
a while ago after 2.4.7 release.
PR:https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/29564

Since it's not listed as one of the JIRAs in Dongjoon's initial email, i'd
like to check if it will be included in 2.4.8. Can anyone please confirm?
:-)

Thanks,
Mingjia

Re: Apache Spark 2.4.8 (and EOL of 2.4)

Liang-Chi Hsieh

Hi Mingjia,

Thanks for fixing it. I can see it is included.

Liang-Chi

mingjia-2 wrote

> Hi, All.
>
> I fixed  SPARK-32708
> &lt;https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-32708#&gt;
> a while ago after 2.4.7 release.
> PR:https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/29564
>
> Since it's not listed as one of the JIRAs in Dongjoon's initial email, i'd
> like to check if it will be included in 2.4.8. Can anyone please confirm?
> :-)
>

> Thanks,
> Mingjia
>

> --